Sam champion Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected one of the popular male weather anchors form America. The name of this famous weather anchor is Sam Champion. Sam is renowned for serving his time as a weather man for the renowned ABC channel for their flagship station WZBC-TV and for hosting the weather reporting on the channel’s famous show Good Morning America.
Other than his glorious 25 years working for ABC full time he has also done part time work for The Weather Channel as well. He co-anchored the following shows for the renowned Weather channel.
- AMHQ: America’s Morning Headquarters
- 5 Degrees With Sam Champion
After serving the glorious 2 and half decades with ABC, he finally retired from there on December 4th, 2013. After his retirement form ABC he became the Managing Director for the Weather Channel. He officially resumed this position at The Weather Channel on January 1st, 2014.
In the mean time he has also made appearances on the NBC show “Today”. Back in 2016 he left both The Weather Channel and NBC to g back to ABC News for a fill in position.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Samuel James Champion
Weather News Anchor
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
57 years old Sam Champion belongs to white ethnicity of Americans. He is a born American national. Sam may be 57 years old but he still has a look that can put many young men to shame. He is regarded as one of the handsome weather new anchors in whole of USA. Seeing his stylish hairs and his elegant beard styles and that big smile of his along with his handsome facial features, he is certainly worthy of this title. He maintains a god health all thanks to doing plenty of exercising daily and following of a healthy diet plan. He currently measures at a standing height of about 5 feet 11 inches while weighing around 70 kg.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Information regarding the career development in Sam Champion’s life is as follows.
- Sam Champion took the start of his weather reporting career by working at the following TV stations across USA.
- WPSD_TV in Paducah, Kentucky
- WJKS in Jacksonville, Florida
- Back in 1988, he got a job on the WABC-TV as their weather news anchor in New York City.
- By 2004 his annual salary for hosting the Good Morning America show for ABC New, he was earning about 1.5 million dollars.
- In 2008, Sam got the highlight of his career when he did a hosting for a program titled “Sea Rescue”. The show was about the rescue, rehabilitation and release of the sea life into their natural wild life habitat.
- In early August of 2006, ABC announced that Sam will be joining the Good Morning America show and he officially started hosting it in September of 2006.
- In 2013, Sam declared that he was leaving ABC on good terms of his own. The reason at that time was he was going to join the “’The Weather Channel” for he position of their managing director. He was replaced for this show by Ginger Zee.
- Sam has also made appearances on following shows as well.
- Live with Kelly and Ryan
- Larry King Live
- At the Weather channel along wit being heir managing director he was also given his own show titled “America’s Morning Headquarters”.
- In 2016, Sam had to leave Weather Channel because they were not planning to renew his contract. Due to this he left the company.
- He officially came back to ABC News on February 17th, 2018 for the fill in position of their weather forecaster.
Date of Birth:-
August 13th, 1961
Few of the facts about life of Sam Champion the renowned weather anchor are as follows.
- Other than his professional life, Sam is one of the highly active journalists for their Philanthropic deeds. He is a part of many charitable organizations in New York City. Some of the charities that he is the member of are as follows.
- Grand Marshal for the “Multiple Sclerosis Society”
- Chairman for the March of Dimes N&YC Walk America
- Master for the Stopping Aids Together
- He was the co host alongside movie critic Frank DeCaro for the 2002 New York City Project Awards.
- Sam had been suffering from a skin cancer type and in May of 2010 he got his Basal Cell Carcinoma removed while he was on air.
- His catchphrase on ABC news channel was “That’s the weather around the nation”.
Sam Champion Net worth:-
As of 2018, the official net worth of Sam Champion is about 4 to 5 million dollars. Most of this net worth has been accumulated over his 25 years long career with ABC news as their main weather anchor. He was given the salary of about 1.3 million dollars annually form year 2008 to 2013. Other than that he has worked at another prestigious cannel like Weather Channel where must have been given a huge salary contract. So this much net worth is not all that big.
He currently lives in New York City as a fill in position of weather forecaster for ABC News. The residential address has been kept a secret due to privacy concerns.
Information regarding his family details is as follows.
His father’s name is James H. Champion
His mother’s name is Sylvia Champion.
He only has one other sibling; a younger sister named Teresa Champion.
He has no children yet.
He is married to his long time partner Ruberm Robierb. They got married back in 2012.